Monday, September 13, 2010

A time when I showed courage was when I was doing my first Interschool Cross Country race in Malaysia. We had to run 1.5 km half way around a lake. I was in 4th grade when I did this.

I was nervous and scared because it was my first time running for my new school ISKL. It was scary because there were so many people from different schools and people watching me. I wanted to represent my school and show how well I could do and my school could do. I wanted to try hard and be proud of how I did and also to have fun and be fit.


When I finished the race it felt good but I also felt a bit sick and needed a lot of water. I was very hot and sweaty. Mr Whiting was at the finish line and said “ Nice One Mate” as I crossed the line.  I was proud of what I achieved and it was worth trying hard and having the courage to do something new.

3 comments:

  1. I like how you said some people came up to you and said nice one mate. Usually people like to talk about the selves and be independent but I like your blogpost because it is very different from others. I really like how you described how long the race was and how nervous you were. You might think of adding just a bit more information about the race and any memories you had when the starter shot the gun, during the race and maybe a little bit about the end of the race. By the way my old track trainer always said "when you are nervous, you are always ready".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked that you described how nervous you were, and that you just started your new school. I think you could have talked a little more about your surroundings. And a little bit more about how happy or relived you were at the end of the race. -Claire

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Sam,
    I think that was a great blog. I was in that race to, but I was nervouse because I didn't know anyone there and I was new in 4th grade. But anyways, I think you should have been more detailed and discriptive. After all I think it was a great blog.

    Aatiqah

    ReplyDelete