Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Lit circle

Three of the benefits of working with a classmate is that you can discuss about the chapter and the passage, also you can edit each others work and give feed back to them. When you discuss with a partner some times they give you ideas and good questions. When i worked with Jake he helped me by talking about pictures and then it gave me the idea of putting a picture on my passage. I think it is a good idea to edit other peoples work. Then you can get feed back, so you can change your sentences to make them better or if they saw a spelling error.


Me and Jake had a challenge that we had to overcome it was that we had to find out if the plant was called sticky plant or just a plant. First we went back and found the chapter it was in. Next we found out what page it was in. Third we found out that it was called plant not sticky plant. Finally we discussed why it didn't say sticky plant because the dust stuck to Jacob. That was our main problem/challenge.


The novel helped me understand the life in Kenya. It talked about how Kenya is a poor country and they have low food supply which makes food more expensive. I think the book has made me learn a lot about Kenya because in Kenya a lot of things is happening. It also showed me how the people live in the jungle and survive by rolling around in red dust and blend in with your surroundings, not killing nature by letting animals kill each other and take the meat so you don't have to kill nature.


These were some reasons why i think you should work with a partner and what challenges my partner and i have to get through, and what life in Kenya was about.

No comments:

Post a Comment